Monday, June 13, 2016

Wake Up Call

*logs on Twitter*

"I am going to be single forever."
*Who cares if you are single forever? There are so many single men and women out there who are happy living their lives to the fullest.*

"Cannot wait until I find someone who truly loves me."
*Stop wasting all your energy on people who do not put the same amount of energy on you. Stop chasing people who do not deserve you. More importantly, stop chasing "love" and let true love find you while you are living life.*

"Really want a boyfriend who will go on adventures with me."
*You do not need a boyfriend in order to go on adventures.  Call a friend up.  OR.. go alone.  Sometimes, it is nice to do things alone.*

*Gets Annoyed*
*Logs off Twitter*

We are all too obsessed with the idea of "love."  We obsess over it and when love does come around, we do not know what to do or how to handle it.  That is a lesson being shown that we need to love ourselves before we can love someone else.  We sit here and say we deserve love when we have not truly learned to love our soul, body and mind. 

We may sit here and say "I deserve better than her/him.." As you say this, you still constantly stalk their social media and obsess over the 'could haves and should have.'  I know it is easier said than done to realize your worth, but if you do not realize your worth.. then who else will?

We sit here and criticize our bodies...
"My stomach is too fat."
"My body is too boney."
"My arms are too muscular."
"My legs are too big."

If we cannot learn to love ourselves in our own skin, who else will?
Post notes around your room to boost your self-confidence like...
"I am beautiful." "I am handsome." "I am worthy."
Once you realize your body is beautiful just the way it is... you will realize that no one has the right to comment on your body or say that they "own" it.
If you are truly not happy with your body.. stop criticizing yourself and act on it.
Exercise. Run. Eat healthier. Pamper yourself.

We all have things mentally we need to work on whether it is life issues, overcoming a disorder, working on loving ourselves, moving on from the past. We need to take care of ourselves not just physically, but mentally.  A relationship is not going to solve your problems in your life... You fighting for yourself is..
Write in a journal.  Start therapy sessions. Do activities that help you relax and think things through (the answer is not drinking!!)

Stop worrying about why some people do not like you or do not want to be in relationships with you and begin working on yourself by taking care of you mentally and physically.  A relationship should not complete your happiness.  It should add on to your happiness you had before meeting him/her.

I cannot stress it enough.. you need to love yourself first before you can love others.  Your health mentally and physically is way more important than obsessing over people who do not deserve you.

Start living for YOU!

I am not going to sit here and pretend that I never craved love and never obsessed over people who do not deserve because I have.. Once I started living for myself, I realized I do not need someone in order to be happy and being single is a great thing. 

Some things that helped me that I hope could help you realize that being single is OK and not end of the world:
-Sit in a coffee shop alone and just enjoy each sip of your frappe without having to constantly check your phone.
-Block him/her from your social media. Block people that are reminders of him/her.  You do not need those constant reminders that brought you disappointment in your life at one point.
-Delete those pictures.. just do it. I promise you will feel better afterwards.
-Go to those places that remind you of him/her and make new memories there with friends who deserve to be in your life. The next time you go that place, your mind will not think of him/her, your mind will be reminded of the good times.
-Stop listening to songs that remind you of those bad memories. If it starts playing on the radio, change the station.. do not torture yourself by listening to it and it bringing you back memories.
-Try new things.. take a painting class.. go hiking.. go kayaking.. try a new sport.
-Stop blaming yourself. You cannot change the past.. only learn from it. Use past experiences as lessons for the future on what not to do or what to really do.
-Make changes.. whether it is reorganizing your room or trying something new with your hair.  Change is good.
-Stop throwing yourself pity-parties.  Those get you nowhere. Leave the past behind and focus on the present.  There is something good in each experience you been through.

Stop obsessing over love and start obsessing over you.. take care of yourself, darling.





No comments:

Post a Comment